Wednesday 10 June 2009

My Consoler


Weighed down by sorrow I offer up my prayer to thee
dear Saint Rita, thou who art called the Saint of the Impossible,
confident in thy aid.

Free I beset it and restore lost peace to my troubled soul.
Thou who wast appointed by god to act and advocate
to those indespair, grant me the favour that I so fervently
ask of thee
(Here ask the favour you wish to obtain).
How is it possible that I alone should not enjoy the efficacy
of thy powerful patronage?

If my sins stand in the way of my prayer being heard,
intercede, I pray thee with God that I may be granted
redemption and forgiveness through sincere confession.


Do not let me shed further bitter tears,
dear Lord reward my great faith in thee,
and everywhere i shall praise thy mercies to those in distress.
Hallowed bride of the cross, who was bequeathed and weareth
on thy forehead one of its most painful thorns,
aid me to live and to die well.

Three Our father, Hail Mary and Glory.

Glorious Saint Rita thou who miraculously shared in the
painful passion of our Lord Jesus Christ,
obtain that I may bear the sorrows of this life with resignation
and protect me in all my needs.


(Those wishing to offer this as a NOVENA should repeat this for 9 days running)

No comments:

Post a Comment